Monday, September 17, 2012

A Beautiful Day for Books!

CHILDREN'S BOOK DAY 2012 AT WASHINGTON IRVING'S SUNNYSIDE, TARRYTOWN, N.Y.

Saturday was the perfect day to be outdoors meeting readers, teachers, parents, and other writers at Children's Book Day at Washington Irving's Sunnyside in Tarrytown, N.Y. Thank you to everyone who stopped by my table and said hello! Writing can be a solitary endeavor, and hearing from the young readers who know and love what I write is a source of great inspiration for me to keep going with my work!
I had the pleasure of meeting third-grade teacher Beth Ryan of Greenville Elementary School at Children's Book Day on Saturday at Washington Irving's Sunnyside in Tarrytown, N.Y. I was delighted to hear about her students in Room 11 who are enjoying my books. Here I am with Ms Ryan and her two daughters, Kate and Ruby!
Two of my favorite author friends were signing nearby at Children's Book Day: Nora Raleigh Baskin and Elise Broach!

Meeting new readers encourages me to keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment